- Why order from Custom Built Calendars?
- Is there a minimum order?
- What resolution is required for images?
- How secure are the images I upload?
- Is there any restriction on the type of images that I can use for my calendar?
- Instead of inserting a photo into one of your templates, can I upload an entire page, with or without text?
- Am I able to select what holidays are shown and add text to specific dates throughout the calendar?
- How long should it take to receive an order?
- How much does shipping cost?
- What happens if there is a problem with my calendar order?
- What happens if after I receive my production sample I decide not to place an order after all?
- Is there an additional cost if make some changes and want to see a second production quality sample?
- How is payment handled?
- What are the specifications if I want to upload completed pages?
Why order from Custom Built Calendars?
We're told our clients love us because of our exceptional customer service. They also love our easy to use online CalendarBuilder and especially how great their calendars look. See what we mean.
We also offer:
- Great prices - get a quote now
- Exceptional print quality, even on small runs. Orders under 750 calendars are printed using Xerox's most technically-advanced digital printer.
- Calendars printed right here in North America, not pre-printed offshore and finished here. Production is split between facilities in Dallas and Toronto.
- A real person to review your calendar and look for things you might have missed.
- A production quality sample before you confirm your order (applies to calendars printed digitally - generally for orders up to 750 calendars). See something you don't like? Make as many free changes as you like! For larger orders printed using traditional printing methods, we'll send a pre-production pdf proof for your approval.
Is there a minimum order?
Our minimum order for Build Your Own custom calendars is 25 calendars.
What resolution is required for images?
This depends on the size of your calendar and the size the image is to be printed (templates with borders and multiple images per month can accept lower resolution photos). For sufficient flexibility, use at least a 5 mega pixel camera set to the highest setting. Once you've uploaded your photos into your Personal Image Library, our cutting edge software will identify which images are sufficient for the template you have selected. Click here for more information about resolution.
How secure are the images I upload?
To safeguard your information and images, we follow industry best practices. Your personal image library is private. Our staff cannot access your account or see the images you have uploaded unless you give us your password.
Is there any restriction on the type of images that I can use for my calendar?
We're very open minded and permit any images that are not illegal (e.g. child pornography).
Instead of inserting a photo into one of your templates, can I upload an entire page, with or without text?
Yes. This is a template option for the front cover, back cover, and all inside pages (tops and/or bottoms). See detailed requirements.
Am I able to select what holidays are shown and add text to specific dates throughout the calendar?
Yes. We provide a list of the most common holidays and observances (for both the United States and Canada) and a further list of additional holidays and observances. You choose which ones you want to include. You can also insert text in other date squares (e.g. deadlines, trade shows, other special days, etc.).
How long should it take to receive an order?
Orders of less than 750 calendars are printed digitally. A production quality sample is shipped within 3 business days by UPS Ground or equivalent. Once you approve the sample (with or without changes), your order is shipped within 8 business days. Allow 1-5 business days for shipping, depending on your location. Faster shipping options are also available.
Orders 750 or more are printed using traditional print methods. A pdf proof is ready for your approval within five business days. Once you approve the PDF, your order is shipped within 14 business days. Allow 1-7 business days for shipping, depending on your location.
How much does shipping cost?
All quotes include prepaid ground shipping and are based on dock level delivery to non remote locations in continental USA and Canada. If you require other delivery arrangements, express shipping or delivery to remote areas, additional charges will apply.
What happens if there is a problem with my calendar order?
We have stringent quality control practices and fully guarantee the quality of our products. Please contact us within 30 days and we will replace any calendars that are defective (print blemishes, missing, torn, or loose pages, etc.). Most problems are proofing issues and not printing defects. Our warranty does not cover errors in proofing. For this reason, we encourage you to triple check your calendar's information, and if possible, have it checked by others. For orders of 1,000 calendars or less, you'll receive a production-quality sample before we complete your order. You'll be able to make changes to this sample free of charge before confirming your purchase. For more information, please see our complete guarantee.
What happens if after I receive my production sample I decide not to place an order after all?
You will receive a full refund, less $50.00 for production and shipping.
Is there an additional cost if I make some changes and want to see a second production quality sample?
Yes. The charge for a second production quality sample is $40.00.
How is payment handled?
For orders under 750 calendars, a $50.00 charge is processed at the time you confirm your order with the remainder due when you approve your sample. For orders of 750 or more calendars, 50% is due with your order with the balance due at time of shipment. We accept Visa and MasterCard; or if you prefer, we also accept payment by check. Click here for our mailing address.
What are the specifications if I want to upload completed pages?
Prepare each page as a single "tif" file with all text as outlines. Ideally resolution should be 250 dpi or higher. Keep all text at least 1/4" (0.65 cm) from edge (trim line, not bleed line). For wall calendars be careful not to position text where the hole will be drilled - same for where the wire-o binding will be on the desk calendars. Upload files to your Personal Image Library in step 2 of the CalendarBuilder wizard and in step 3 select the "UPLOAD YOUR OWN DESIGN" template. You'll be able to insert pages where you want them in step 5.
Crop all images to these sizes (which include a 1/8" bleed on all sides):
|Width||Height||Position of 3/16" (0.5 cm) hole|
|8-1/2" 11" wall calendar|
|Front cover||11.25" (28.6 cm)||8.75" (22.2 cm)||3/8" (1 cm) from bottom trim line|
|Back cover||11.25" (28.6 cm)||8.75" (22.2 cm)||3/8" (1 cm) from bottom trim line|
|Month top||11.25" (28.6 cm)||8.75" (22.2 cm)||3/8" (1 cm) from top trim line|
|Month bottom||11.25" (28.6 cm)||8.75" (22.2 cm)||3/8" (1 cm) from bottom trim line|
|9-1/2" x 12-1/4" wall calendar|
|Front cover||12.5" (32 cm)||9.75" (24.8 cm)||3/8" (1 cm) from bottom trim line|
|Back cover||12.5" (32 cm)||9.75" (24.8 cm)||3/8" (1 cm) from bottom trim line|
|Month top||12.5" (32 cm)||9.75" (24.8 cm)||3/8" (1 cm) from top trim line|
|Month bottom||12.5" (32 cm)||9.75" (24.8 cm)||3/8" (1 cm) from bottom trim line|
|3-7/8" x 8-1/2" purse/pocket calendar|
|Covers/Month bottom||8.75" (22.2 cm)||4.13" (10.5 cm)|
|Month top||8.75" (22.2 cm)||4.13" (10.5 cm)|
|7" x 6-1/4" easel desk calendar|
|6.5" (16.5 cm)||6.75" (17.2 cm)||No text within 1/2" of top trim line|
|5-1/2" x 5" CD Case desk calendar|
|5.65" (14.4 cm)||4.9" (12.4 cm)|